[OZAPRS] Decoding HF APRS- Robust Packet -SCS DSP-tnc

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Fri Jul 7 16:21:45 EST 2006

actually there seems to be a much better solution: ROBUST PACKET 300/600
from the german company SCS (wellknown for Pactor-III Controllers).
They have now introduced a new DSP-TNCand APRS Tracker that supports
conventional Packet
in 300baud/1200Baud/9600/19200 and RobustPR in 300/600Baud as well as
stand
anlone APRS Tracker with NMEAin/NMEAout and smart beaconing etc.
In 300Bd HF-AX25 the DSP-TNC can receive multiple packets in spectrum
+-400Hz around center frequency (1500Hz) simultaneously.
The special ROBUST Packet Mode is much better suited for HF-channels and
specified as follows:
Bandwith 500 Hz at-30dB
Modulation: pulse shaped OFDM (BPSK,QPSK) similar to PACTOR-III
Speed: 200 or 600 bits/sec netto
Cestfactor: 3,0 or 4,2dB
Delay spread: +-8msec
Code: full-frame-interleaved rate/2 or rate 3/4
the costs are around 250 Euro,which is more than a Tinytrak, but a fully
featured KISS-TNC with Robust-PR and stand alone APRS-Tracking features.
see www.scs-ptc.com/datasheets/scs_tracker_dsp_tnc_en_v5.pdf

73 de Mike oe3mzc/VK3FPF/6