[OZAPRS] Decoding HF APRS- tone pairs

Mike Zwingl oe3mzc oe3mzc at oevsv.at
Fri Jul 7 17:49:15 EST 2006

if you see stations slightly off frequency this could be because many
users
do not take into account differences in AFSK tones used in their TNC or
SOUNCARD software.
It is useless to say: tune to 10.151 LSB, when you dont specify the tones
(1600/188Hz)!
following tone pairs are used:
 Frequencies Devices using them
1400/1600 Hz SCS Tracker, PTC-II
1600/1800 Hz Kantronics KAM, TAPR TNC2 (MFJ 127x. etc), TinyTrak3
2130/2230 Hz AEA/Timewave PK-232
1100/1300 Hz TigerTronics TigerTrak (300 baud HF mode)
2100/2300 Hz AGW Packet Engine softmodem (300 baud mode)

hope this helps someone tuning
also see http://www.aprs.net.au/hf_aprs_information.htm#Frequencies_
vy 73 de Mike
oe3mzc