[OZAPRS] APRS HELP

Daryl Hooke vk3awa at bigpond.com
Mon Aug 21 06:06:22 EST 2006

I recently toured the Murray in my aircraft taking with me a portable APRS
TX system. (TinyTrak3)
My local aeroclub members thought it was great to gather around the PC in
the clubhouse and watch our progress
via Findu.

The aeroclub carry out fire spotting duties on behalf of the CFA and DSE
during summer and have asked me if it is possible to run APRS from their
aircraft back to the clubhouse so they can track the progress and
whereabouts of the operation.

Of course it is using AR but is there a way it can be done using other
frequencies and remaining legal.  ie UHF CB or aircraft radio(AM)

Also maybe there is something commercially available that wont break the
budget.

LOOKING for ideas.

With Thanks

Daryl Hooke  - VK3AWA