[OZAPRS] APRS Paths and beacon rates

G T & C A Beagley beagley at xtra.co.nz
Fri Apr 28 06:17:29 EST 2006

Well WIDE-45 sure is wrong. Did you meanWIDE4-5?
My understanding is you can have a max of 7 hops so anything after your
WIDE4-5 would be redundant. APRS applies the hops in consecutive order
so would have to use up all the WIDE4-5 hops before it got to the others.

Graham

ZL1GTB

Andrew Rich wrote:

>so my path of
>
>via RELAY,WIDE,WIDE-45,ARISS,SGATE,EMAIL
>
>is wrong ?

>Andrew Rich
>Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
>email: vk4tec at tech-software.net <mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net>
>web: http://www.tech-software.net
>Brisbane AUSTRALIA

GATE,WIDE
>and beacon rate set to 5 minutes minimum.
>

>These where just a few of the poorly configured APRS stations I noticed,
>there's a lot more of them.
>

>If you know the operators of the above or see any of your mates with poor
>APRS configurations please help them to correctly set up their APRS
station.

>Paths and Beacon rates are important for a functionally great APRS
network.

>They will be even more important when are all on the one channel.
>

>Visit www.aprs.net.au <http://www.aprs.net.au/>  for more information.
>

>Cheers
>
>Richard
>
>VK3JFK

This outgoing message certified virus free.