[OZAPRS] Maps for Gold Coast / Brisbane?

Alan Wallace (ZL1AMW) Alan at wallace.net.nz
Thu Sep 8 10:58:40 EST 2005

Well off-topic for this list, (so my last burst on the subject) but, to
get a VK license I need a VK address, so have to tell a fib. To get a
visitor’s license I need to prove my arrival and departure times (I wonder
why?) and pay for a whole year.

Other (enlightened) countries don't charge for reciprocal licenses at all,
and even more enlightened just allow visiting amateurs to operate with
their home callsign - no paperwork.

I see the VK amateur license process is up for review, maybe someone
should ask for some more visitor-friendly arrangement to be allowed? It
would certainly increase the number of visitors operating in the country
(assuming that is desirable of course).


-----Original Message-----
From:	Darryl Smith
Sent:	Tue 6/09/2005 9:16 PM
To:	ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
Subject:	RE: [OZAPRS] Maps for Gold Coast / Brisbane?
You need an Australian callsign to operate in Australia. Most people I
just get a permanent Aussie callsign. It is a $55,000 fine to operate
without a valid license.


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://second.aprs.net.au/pipermail/ozaprs/attachments/20050908/6f2eaa8f/attachment.htm 
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: ATT12094.txt
Url: http://second.aprs.net.au/pipermail/ozaprs/attachments/20050908/6f2eaa8f/attachment.txt 

More information about the Ozaprs mailing list