[OZAPRS] Maps for Gold Coast / Brisbane?

Darryl Smith Darryl at radio-active.net.au
Thu Sep 8 11:41:48 EST 2005


And any others... My address is available... You would be amazed at the
number of hams who live here... 

Generally people license it for a few years in a go... Which reminds me...
have a renewal to send out for a friend


Darryl Smith, VK2TDS   POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 Int] - 02 9618 6459
www.radio-active.net.au/blog/ - www.radio-active.net.au/web/tracking/

-----Original Message-----
From: ozaprs-bounces at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
[mailto:ozaprs-bounces at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au] On Behalf Of Alan Wallace
Sent: Thursday, 8 September 2005 10:59 AM
To: ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
Subject: RE: [OZAPRS] Maps for Gold Coast / Brisbane?

Well off-topic for this list, (so my last burst on the subject) but, to
a VK license I need a VK address, so have to tell a fib. To get a
license I need to prove my arrival and departure times (I wonder why?) and
pay for a whole year.

Other (enlightened) countries don't charge for reciprocal licenses at all,
and even more enlightened just allow visiting amateurs to operate with
home callsign - no paperwork.  

I see the VK amateur license process is up for review, maybe someone
ask for some more visitor-friendly arrangement to be allowed? It would
certainly increase the number of visitors operating in the country
that is desirable of course).


-----Original Message-----
From:	Darryl Smith
Sent:	Tue 6/09/2005 9:16 PM
To:	ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au
Subject:	RE: [OZAPRS] Maps for Gold Coast / Brisbane?
You need an Australian callsign to operate in Australia. Most people I
just get a permanent Aussie callsign. It is a $55,000 fine to operate
without a valid license.


ozaprs mailing list
ozaprs at marconi.ics.mq.edu.au

More information about the Ozaprs mailing list