Maps for Gold Coast / Bisbane?

Alan Wallace (ZL1AMW) Alan at wallace.net.nz
Mon Sep 5 13:29:26 EST 2005

Anyone got any reasonably detailed Gold Coast / Brisbane maps for Ui-View?

The best I have found are on http://vk3.aprs.net.au/maps_for_aprs.htm ,
has anyone done any street-level maps?

I will be holidaying there for a week late next month, and am considering
taking my APRS for the mapping functions. I can’t go on-air, as the
reciprocal license arrangements are not practical.  Apply 3 months before
travel, produce evidence of arrival and departure dates (so the period is
restricted to that time only), pay for a full year’s license fee – not
very attractive for a holiday!   Does  anyone actually go through with all
that?

Cheers
Alan ZL1AMW