[OZAPRS] Getting UI-VIEW to Igate ISS traffic ?

Tony Hunt wavetel at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 13 21:41:52 EST 2005

Chris ..

These frames are the classic Poppo frames from ISS .. They dont contain any
position info .. They are not even APRS compliant really .. Have a look at
the destination callsign .. P0PPP0 .. Whats that ?? It does not even start
with AP ..
Maybee selecting the "relaxed frame check" option in Ui-View would help but
I dont really understand what your looking for out of the frame . The
relaxed frame type check is in the Misc menu in setup ..

What you mean by "However, none of this traffic is showing up in UI-VIEW"  I
am not sure .. What are you looking for ?
The frame will probably show up in the terminal window as opposed to the
monitor window at the bottom of the screen if you have it enabled .. Getting
a posit out of the Poppo frames would be a miracle because theres no posit
there..

You have to remember that ISS is used by other AX25 users not just APRS ..
Theres other services on there and its not just a APRS digi ..

Tony VK5AH