[OZAPRS] HF Gates and Sat Gates...

Ron and Val Smith rsmitj at tpgi.com.au
Thu Jan 13 23:07:28 EST 2005

Hi Richard,
I am listening on 30m, receive only and gating to vhf and hence to the
igate vk4cqu-3.
There is a vhf digi in the path so to reach the igate needs a path of
gate,wide at least.
Unfortunately although I live across the road from the telephone exchange
and am only 15km from Gladstone, ADSL is not possible in Calliope, the
exchange is not fitted with the appropriate hardware, so I cannot igate at
home.
The receiver runs 24/7 but its vfo does drift a bit so I have to retune
from time to time. Temperature seems to be the main problem.
Cheers
Ron
vk4ags