[OZAPRS] A littlt off topic... Mepis/Debian & Xastir

Norm McMillan njmcmillan at bigpond.com
Fri Jan 14 06:58:24 EST 2005

G'day people,
I've managed to install Xastir 1.4.1 to Mepis Linux running the 2.4.26
kernal. Two problems, no maps and the drop-down menus have a problem.
The former I can probably RTFM someplace, the latter I have no clue. The
first couple of letters of each command in the drop-down are missing,
but only where the drop-down menu has "radio buttons" on the left of
some entries.

Mepis is a Debian based distro, I "apt-get install Xastir" and it came
from the  ftp.au mirror.

Also happens with 2.6.7 kernel
Happens with KDE or blackbox
Xserver is 600x800 @ 60Hz

Some clues where to look would be appreciated

Norm
VK2XCI