[OZAPRS] HF APRS at VK2XCI

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Fri Oct 29 18:57:05 EST 2004

Norm .. One sugestion .. Try MixW as the sound card software and connect
it
to a virtual serial bridge and then into Ui-View direct or via AGW if you
like .. MixW emulates a KISS TNC .. Ive personally found it better than
AGW
on HF .. You can see very easily if your off frequency with MixW's
waterfall
display and adjust either the software or radio to suit..

Now I admit its a bit of messing about to setup but it does appear to work
better and as Ive said before on the 80m experiment it decodes better than
the PK232 on noisy bands like 80m..

As far as the virtual com port bridge goes there are a few different
alternatives around depending on your O/S ..

If your interested Norm then I am quite happy to give you some pointers..