[OZAPRS] HF APRS at VK2XCI

Norm McMillan njmcmillan at bigpond.com
Fri Oct 29 11:36:47 EST 2004

Good Morning All,

Regrettably I'll have to abandon the HF APRS project, albeit
temporarily. Even in a "climate controlled" (well, air conditioned) room
the FT-107M is simply not stable enough on receive. I assume the same
will be the case on TX.

I'm using AGWPE/soundcard modem and UI-View. I wonder if the combination
is a little critical. When it does decode, I get them all (at the moment
VKs 3MY-4, 5AH-4, 3WRM-4, 4DMI-4.) on 10.147.1MHz.

A draught of warm or cold air from an open door, the fan
starting/stopping, me moving and blocking the aircon breeze are each
enough to go off freq, even though in some cases the indicated freq.
doest change. It will eventually change it up or down one digit... takes
about 5 minutes. Normal diurnal variations  move it as much as 300Hz.

Help or suggestions would be appreciated.
--
Norm, VK2XCI,
Voice of The Edge of The Outback.