[OZAPRS] TH-D7 & Oziexplorer

Howcho VK2TPH howcho at smartchat.net.au
Mon Oct 11 19:19:22 EST 2004

G,day all , as  just curious I would like to run my laptop with
Oziexplorer occasionally with my D7 and Etrex.
I have been told I can get NMEA data from the PC port on the D7 to the PC
, but not sure of any other details..
The D7 and Etrex run perfectly , but when I include the laptop I get an
error message saying "cant communicate with GPS" or something
to that effect..The problem is I need to get the NMEA from the D7 to the
laptop , but it wont work for some reason..The cable I use  is the one
I program the D7 with , so it's OK as far as RS-232 goes , but no go with
NMEA..I think the problem is possibly in the Oziexplorer setup , but I'm
buggered if I can find it.

Any help appreciated  & 73 to all , de Phil vk2tph