[OZAPRS] 145.175 MHz and 100Mb LAN interference

Rendrag rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Oct 11 16:42:07 EST 2004

From: "Gavin Rogers" <grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au>
> At 03:35 PM 11/10/2004 +1000, you wrote:
> >I have done some fault finidng on birdies on my APRS
> >I found I wound my LAN back to 10Mb from 100Mb and the 145.175 MHz
birdies
> >dissappeared
> >Anyone else noticed this ?
> Yep! I run 2m packet on 144.9, 147.575 and 145.175 and all 3 are
affected
> by 100Mbit switching gear.

Weirdness.. - The VK1 iGate transceiver here is sitting alongside one of
the
cable riser into one of the colo racks at work here, and I haven't had a
problem with the D7..  Though maybe that's what the problem with the
original FM92 was?  I had that on loan from VK1NPW, but had to give it
back,
as I was getting a better signal off the D7 with rubber ducky (inside the
faraday cage), than I was off the FM92 with a DSE 2/70 6dB jobbie on the
roof of the building (granted, there was a 20m run of RG58 to get to the
antenna..)..

My FT8100 seems to handle the server room env pretty well also..  Though
granted, we don't have any plastic-cased switches :)

One to keep in mind for the future I guess :)

Cheers,

Damien