[OZAPRS] AGWPE, UI-View etc

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Tue Nov 23 14:41:08 EST 2004

Hmmm,
Damn, I have to start UI-view again for you Norm :-)

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 14:03, Norm McMillan wrote:
> G'day all,
> Confusion is rife at VK2XCI!!!
>
> I have UI-view32 running into AGWPE.
> AGWPE has 2 radio ports defined
>
> Port 1. Soundcard modem into HF rig.
> Port 2. TNC2 running KISS into VHF digi

VHF digi?

> I guess that UI-view knows nothing of the radio ports... it simply
> connects to AGWPE???
>
> UIview "sees" input from both ports, hf and VHF and packets are decoded!
> UI-view will only output to Port 1.
> Can I change/combine/select the "output" port?

My guess, knowing nothing about AGWPE is as follows.
Under Setup-> Station Setup in the textbox "Unproto port" put 1,2
In textbox "Unproto address" put APRS|APRS,GATE,WIDE

You might want to set up the ui-digi in ui-view to put the traffic heard
on HF out onto vhf

Did I say before F1 will give you most answers, I had to do it to
explain. :-)

> Domestic pressure is such that I don't have a lot of time to spend at
> the moment, so any help is appreciated

Go for a ride on your bike Norm, it relieves domestic pressures.
And tell Bernadette I said you could. :-)
See you both soon,
Regards,
Ron
vk3ecv