[OZAPRS] Re: 40M APRS

Terry Neumann tfn at rbe.net.au
Tue Nov 2 13:37:43 EST 2004

G'day  Norm and others,

I finally got the station onto 40 again this morning;  lots of activity
there, and your are there in fine style Norm.   (Fills in a big gap in
the map (hi)).

Locals Tony and Andrew are consistently strong and current on the map at
all times.  A sort by distance on UIview brings almost the same result
as a sort by last time heard on 40.   The power line noise here is much
higher than for 30.

My station for 40 is essentially the same as for 30 namely - MFJ-1278,
TS-50, and inverted V at around 40 feet at the apex.

73
Terry
VK5ATN