[OZAPRS] Digipeating

Terry Neumann tfn at rbe.net.au
Sun May 30 10:13:38 EST 2004

Some interesting aspects are emerging from this discussion.

Personally I would support VK3MY digipeating whether by design or
accident.   It enables others, mobiles especially, to get an immediate
confirmation that their beacons are being received, by what is, by
common agreement the refernce station for us all.  It's also, it seems,
the most consistent one heard by most observers.    I would support this
at least until Andrew's foray into the outback is completed.

I don't feel that other home stations should digipeat - mine certainly
won't be.

Inciddently, I left my tnc on a couple a nights ago.  The  MH list
showed three stations from France.   I'm revising my earlier
observations :-)

However listening to 10.147 on the tractor yesterday morning confirmed
the number and strength of (presumiably non amateur) sigs with which we
need to compete.  In some respects, if we can make "our" frequency a
little more busy at this stage, it might almost be a good thing.
(Perhaps you had better forget I wrote that).

73
Terry
:-)