[OZAPRS] Scenario

Ron and Val Smith rsmitj at tpgi.com.au
Sun May 30 05:59:30 EST 2004

Hi Brian,
The usefulness of hf and its limitations are acknowledged and I would
believe known to all in the group.
I also believe we are intelligent people and know how to alter the
settings on our equipment.
So if we have a situation where beacon clashes and congestion occur we
simply alter the appropriate parameters as appropriate then and there.
At the moment we don't have that so quite frankly there is no need to keep
debating this issue and demand an artificial standard based on a
hypothetical situation.
This round and round debate over a few seconds of extra transmission which
is quite allowable under Australian licence conditions is starting to pain
and is quite unecessary.

How about as an experiment we all turn the digipeat function on and see
how much we can cram in before congestion occurs?
Cheers
Ron