[OZAPRS] GT Oncore Modules

Stephen Lombard vk6isp at hamradio.com.au
Sat May 15 12:00:44 EST 2004

Hi Andrew and Brenton,

Well, I don't have a GPS or TNC per-say, but I've managed to write an
[untested] ATMEGA128 that converts just about anything-I-could-find to
anything-yo-want, which would mean NMEA->Motorola->NMEA etc.

It's currently on the bench whilst I am writing some DSP code to make it
go
1200bps/300bps (I have little faith in any more bps for this chip) and
using
that I should have something the size of a matchbox to whack on the back
of
a GPS (I plan to use SMD throughout)

Then plug the radio in and you're good to go :)

It requires a bit of a session with Hyperterminal before you can use it,
but
I'll write some software to make it easier soon.

73 de Steve, VK6ISP