[OZAPRS] HF Beacons Heard.

Ron and Val Smith rsmitj at tpgi.com.au
Tue Mar 30 05:50:22 EST 2004

Hello Noel,
Here in Central Queensland I heard vk3wrm once.  I heard nothing else all
weekend on 30m.  I was not transmitting on 30m.
Brian and I were playing with 40m.  We are about 500km apart.  The path
between us was variable but usable.  Using agw I had to tune to 70364 lsb
to decode Brian.  That put him straddling the audio spectrum display in
agw (tuning aid).
I plan to be 40m APRS mobile this weekend travelling to and from Brisbane.
Most likely travelling time is early morning Friday departing about 0430
local time (1830 UTC) and returning early Sunday evening departing
Brisbane about 1700 local time (0700 UTC).  Travelling time is
approximately 6 hours.
HF APRS will be variable while I am in Brisbane.
For the information of readers my track will be Calliope, Miriam Vale, Gin
Gin, Booyal, Biggenden, Woolooga, Gympie, Caboolture, Boondal/Nudgee going
south.  The return will be from Bracken Ridge.
Cheers
Ron