[OZAPRS] VK email server

Richard Hoskin lhoskin at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 28 15:50:01 EST 2004

Hi John,

Are you writing this as an add on to UI-View or as a stand alone program?

The reason I ask is that I am looking for a mailing program that will
search
for selected (pre-defined) message text from an APRS message received at
my
UI-View station then send the message containing the text as an Email to
an
email address.

This is the sort of additional functionality I was alluding to in earlier
emails on this subject.

I think another email server for APRS will not be such a bad thing with
additional functions.

For instance the Kenwood D7 is able to handle only 45 characters in its
message. You may like to think of different options that the mail server
could use to overcome this such as the ability to add multiple APRS
messages
together to make one Email using a special control character at the end of
each APRS message. This could also be used for the standard 67 character
APRS message.

Eg APRS Message ends in a '>' means continue to add to current email in
next
message from me.  There are other options that I'm sure people will think
of.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK