[OZAPRS] VK email server

John Williams vk5zty at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 28 12:50:53 EST 2004

People,

I am testing an aprs email server that I cobbled together last night.

It works which is the good part. There is still quite a bit of error
checking to be done as well
as catching  exceptions that will most probably (definitely) occur.

At the moment it will ack your message and shoot off a correctly formatted
message.
It currently does not check if the message was deliverable.

The aprs spec only allows 0 - 67 character in the message field which
includes the email
address.

So anything over this limit is truncated.  Although most aprs clients will
send the extra text as
another message anyway and   the server will see this next message as an
invalid aprs email
message.

The server will not run 24/7 until I am happy with it.

But if you do want to try , it should be running most of today.

Usage is:
Send a message to VKMAIL
First part of the message text is a valid email followed by a space then
the text content.

So something like this would be a typical message packet
VK5ZTY>APU24L ::VKMAIL   :vk5zty at bigpond.com  test{00

John
VK5ZTY