[OZAPRS] VK email server

John Williams vk5zty at bigpond.com
Sun Mar 28 15:10:51 EST 2004

Richard,

It a stand alone program written as a set of  java classes.
Runs on a linux box and listens the the aprsd message port (1314)

Java will make it portable though as long as aprs messages appear on a tcp
port.

With regards to a predifined text acting as a trigger, that is very
possible, although if you want it
to just trigger on what you receive then the software will need to be
local to you.

For instance the trigger is VKMAIL however the software needs to process
every message
packet and it just further processes  messages addressed to VKMAIL.

It think with UI View you would need something done as a COM like an
active X object.

Regarding message size. Your idea of having a continuation character is a
good idea.
That is added to my list of TODOs once the product is stable.

Cheers
John