[OZAPRS] Email- More findings and sugestions - UIVIEW Igates VK/ZL

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Mon Mar 22 23:17:03 EST 2004

Some finer points Ive found for those running UI-View as an Igate ..

I logged UI-View onto aprs.net.au Port 10153 VK/ZL feed only and tried
sending messages to email and uimail ..

I didnt get any ACKs back unless I had the following settings in the
Igate.ini file..

WU2Z=ALL
MB7UAA=ALL

Geoff/ Hamish some further sugestions for the VK/ZL server settings on
10153
is that perhaps an inclusion for AX prefixes as well as VK/ZL on the p/
filter .. I dont know if the ZL boys have a special event alternative
prefix
over there but that may be worth inclusion in the ZL only feed as well as
the VK/ZL port..

If that sounds silly then all I can say is that Ive allready seen a AX
station on APRS over here at least once in VK5 .. All it takes is for some
special event to get pulled one day and a few start running the AX prefix
and we dont know why it wont work ..

Tony and Eva Hunt   wavetel at iname.com