[OZAPRS] RE: Findu can't find me

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Wed Mar 17 23:30:47 EST 2004

Here I am again for another bout of observations.. I wont give up on this
till its all sorted.. Like a Bull Terrior..

Question 1 was sorted

Question 2 appears to be a matter of the way the AX25 spec works.. Curious
though as some frames have Digi bits set and others dont.. It depends
where
you look at the frames and what your using to look at the frames.. Ive
seen
frames like >APRS Via A*,B*,C* and also seen frames like >APRS Via A,B,C*
obviously both frames have been digipeated fully through the complete
path..

Back to Question 3 of the mysteries..
Why cant I get an ACK back from an EMAIL message via the Igate onto RF ??

Back to the Q construct theorys..

Using a email message from my UI-View server running into 10153 VK/ZL feed
get an ACK back like this
WU2Z>APM352,TCPIP*,qAC,WU2Z:
:VK5AH-2  :ack64

The explanation for this qAC Q construct is
qAC - Packet was received from the client directly via a verified
connection
(FROMCALL=login).  The callSSID following the qAC is the login of the
client.

Now using a RF path to get into my server and sending a EMAIL message I
get
no ACK .. A few days ago I actually saw an ACK come back on the server but
probably due to the Q construct which I think was a qAO it didnt get to RF
.. That was my guess..
The explanation for the qAO construct  is .. qAO - (letter O) Packet was
received via a client-only port and the FROMCALL does not match the login.

Now somethings changed..

I suspect sombodys changed the config on the national APRSD servers as I
dont even see the ACK come back on the Server this time..
Whats the go here ?? The Adelaide Igate is connected to port 14580 User
definable on second.net.au interestingly.. Must be the local Igate ops
having a play.. Regardless of that 10153 has changed on aprs.net.au ..

I ran the same tests on second.aprs.net.au and found the same changes had
taken place.. Hopefully sombody finds an answer..

I must say it was inspiring to see our local Igate (VK5UJ-1) logged into
the
User defined port.. I tried to send a email message through it but didnt
get
an ACK back on RF .. The UD-Filter was set up as p/VK o/* on VK5UJ-1 at
the
time..

These tests were done at about 2200-2230 local VK5 time 17 march.. All
very
interesting especially as its something I really dont understand at all..
My
knowledge of the APRSD Linux and TCPIP combo is very limited..

Tony Hunt VK5AH