[OZAPRS] Findu and Email Unreliable ?

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Mar 11 22:33:23 EST 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 07:14:42PM +1030, Tony Hunt wrote:
> Ive noticed that Findu in particular is very intermittent .. It will not
> seem to record posits sometimes for hours even though they are hitting
the
> internet feeds here in VK .. Also Email rarely works.. This seems to
persist
> for days and then comes good for a while mysteriously..
>
> Let me explain.. Ive noticed this using ISS quite often .. In that a
posit
> downlinks and hits the Igate and makes it onto the national map fine.. I
> have had a PC running Ui-View logged onto the VKaprs server running no
RF
> gear and seen the posits appear fine on the map.. This is proof that
> somethings amiss.. These posits dont get to Findu..

Tony, I'm afraid I don't know. It's always worth checking the status web
page for the servers which is on port 14501 eg

http://aprs.net.au:14501/
http://second.aprs.net.au:14501/
http://first.aprs.net:14501/
http://second.aprs.net:14501/
http://third.aprs.net:14501/

I checked just now and found that aprs/second.aprs.net.au are connected
to each other properly and both are connected to second.aprs.net.
first, second and third.aprs.net are all connected together properly
too. Finally, findu and findu2 appear to be connected to all 3 servers.

Thus, it should be working. But maybe it is working right now, but not
at other times.

Hamish