[OZAPRS] Findu and Email Unreliable ?

Rendrag rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Mar 11 21:30:52 EST 2004

From: "Tony Hunt" <wavetel at iname.com>
> Ive noticed that Findu in particular is very intermittent .. It will not
> seem to record posits sometimes for hours even though they are hitting
the
> internet feeds here in VK .. Also Email rarely works.. This seems to
persist
> for days and then comes good for a while mysteriously..

I've been noticing the same thing for 2-3 years now.. - my packets are
hitting the VK net no worries, but generally don't appear on findu, and
when
they do appear, they're a day or two behind..

That was why I originally started working on hamtrack
(http://hamtrack.pinegap.net), but never really did a lot with it (apart
from simply logging every VK/ZL acket through the VK net for the last
couple
of years...), due to a lack of time thanks to work..

Been playing with weather packets recently though, which is proving to be
quite fun.. - http://hamtrack.pinegap.net/weather/ is the current status
of
the processing run that's should finish in about four months time -
Processing all those raw weather packets down to hourly summaries, to get
some better speeds out of the database..  Even postgres is *really*
starting
to chug with 4Gb of aprs packets in there..

Is there actually any interest in a findu-style system which is vk-only ?
If anyone is actually interested in such a thing, I'm happy to get back
into
playing with it and add onto the hamtrack site :)

Cheers,

DG

--
Damien Gardner Jnr