[OZAPRS] UI-VIEW Map Specification?

Carl Makin carl at stagecraft.cx
Sun Mar 7 23:08:36 EST 2004

Evening All,

On 07/03/2004, at 10:37 PM, Chris Hill wrote:

> As far as I can make out, UI-VIEW uses a cylindrical projection,
> therefore
> I'm going to request maps that are cylindrical projections against the
> WGS84
.
.
> It's a pity that UI-VIEW doesn't support common projections.

Unlike other software like Xastir.

Wouldn't it be better to get the maps in WGS84 format, process them
into cylindrical view and then store both?  That way if UI-View moves
to a more realistic projection then you'll have undistorted maps to
work from and other programs can take advantage of the repository?

Carl.
(vk1kcm)