[OZAPRS] UI-VIEW Map Specification?

Chris Hill chris.hill at crhtelnet.com.au
Sun Mar 7 22:37:11 EST 2004

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the input.

As far as I can make out, UI-VIEW uses a cylindrical projection, therefore
I'm going to request maps that are cylindrical projections against the
WGS84
datum.  Large maps, such as "all of WA" or "all of Australia" will look a
bit unusual, with significant distortions at the southern extremities, but
stations should be plotted accurately on these maps.

It's a pity that UI-VIEW doesn't support common projections.

73 Chris vk6kch