[OZAPRS] Daytime DX....

Terry Neumann tfn at rbe.net.au
Sat Jun 19 20:54:33 EST 2004

G'day all,

Today I had to search out a new map.   Rob - ZL3RX-4 appeared on my
station list for 30 metres.   UI-view suggests the distance is 1932
miles.   Well done Rob!

I also saw Andrew VK5EX "up north" a couple of afternoons ago.

I felt that 30 metres seemed to be pretty well free of the usual
assorted crud this morning when I first turned the station on.  It
certainly gets a hiding most of the time here.   The variety of signals
and other interference is astonishing at times.

Out on the tractor during the pasts weeks I have to been listening to
aviation traffic on 8867.  The propogation is quite fascinating; I find
myself wondering just how much of what I observe is valid for 30
metres.  Of course it may or may not help to have many of the
transmitting stations at 30,000 feet or more.

Getting a good signal on air is still half the battle of APRS.

IMVHO anyway.

73
Terry