[OZAPRS] MixW to OziAPRS

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Sat Jun 19 21:45:06 EST 2004

James..

MixW has a KISS TNC emulation.. Have a look at the TNC emulation
settings..
You need to get a Virtual COM port loopback driver and point MixW at one
end
of it.. Then point the APRS client or TNC driver at the other end of the
Virtual loopback ports.. There are some freeware virtual drivers available
for Hams for these type of Apps.. If you are running Win 2000 or XP then
its
easy..  If you are running Win98SE its harder.. I struggled for over a
month
with trying to get this going.. I tried AXIP and asked lots of questions
on
both the UI-View and MixW Yahoo group and basically nowhere..

In this last week I have started Beta testing a Virtual Com port loopback
driver for 98 and it should also be a goer on 95..
Ive got MixW-AGW-UiView as well as MixW-Uiview direct to work very well..
If
you want I can put you in touch with the writer of this software.. I
expect
that soon he will be publicly releasing this version for 98 which will be
popular move for Hams with older laptops..

If you are running Win2000 or XP try this
http://www.raag.org/sv2agw/LoopbackInstaller.zip

73 Tony Hunt VK5AH