[OZAPRS] Missed the point.

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Thu Jun 3 22:04:45 EST 2004

Hi Ron

I am easy leave things as they are.

You have though missed my point, you are I are on HF but most are not and
unfortunately may never be.

Even though I am on HF I most certainly do NOT see all HF stations when
monitoring HF.

I can though see all VK and ZL stations be they HF or VHF if I also
connect to the net though by doing so I as would others have little or no
idea who is actually operating on HF. Obviously if someone is way out in
the back country there is a fair chance that he is on HF using a gateway
other than this the station that I am watching could be on either VHF or
HF now by just simply adding an appropriate SSID one would know very
quickly if he was on HF or not.

What vehicle the person is driving whether it be a Jeep, Truck, Car or
what ever does not give me this information required it only supplies the
information that most icons will do anyway certainly not if one is on HF
or not.

I personally am more interested in where the person actually is and if he
is using HF or VHF than what type of vehicle he is driving although the
icon or beacon text often supplies the vehicle type to me anyway.

B C N U
Brian VK4BBS