[OZAPRS] re ssid

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Thu Jun 3 22:52:33 EST 2004

Brian a few weeks maybee ago this was raised and I thought I made a
comment.. Also probably last year or even the year before I asked this
very
question about SSID usage on this group.

Its rather odd to see so many people trying to raise talk about developing
standard when there allready is one in place.
I think it was Richard that recently said some words as well about the
existing standard in this dsicussion. I could be wrong.

Ive just about given up trying to educate local operators as they seem to
think I am making rules.. I didnt dream up the stuff that was published on
the VK5 web page. I just followed what I was given as a standard.

The problem with designating all or many of the SSIDs to something is that
it leaves little flexibility for odd configs that sombody is bound to
have.
I am currently running some odd SSIDs as Ive run out of options. I am
however trying to stick to some sort of sense of what I call the national
standard. The SSIDs 13-15 have been left open for odd options.

A year or maybee 2 back I actually reconfigured all the UIdigis to SSID -1
here as they didnt conform to the national standard. Each and every eprom
was replaced over a relatively short time.

It looks like a SSID could be designated for HF operations for mobiles at
least. I thought that -11 was allready in wide use.
I think -3 and -4 are allready explained on the Web page and it seems that
VK3 are following this as far as I know.

Thats my bit.
Tony VK5AH 73