[OZAPRS] APRS NODES?

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Thu Jun 3 21:32:43 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 20:00, G T & C A Beagley wrote:
> I have been running the ROT node (ZL1ROT-2) here in Rotorua for the last

> year. It has 2 ports. Port 1 is the local simplex port on 144.575mhz.
> Port 2 is the linking port to the Kaima Data Repeater up in the local
> mountain range to the North West (Tx 144.8, Rx 145.4). It digipeats 1 -
> 1,2 and 2 - 1. This method connects us with the rest of the world. I
> used the node symbol as I believe this setup to be a Node.

So I assume from this a "node" is a more than a single frequency
digipeater?  Is the digipeater UI only?

> Last week I disconnected Port 2 and it became a Digipeater (symbol
> changed to Digi) on 144.575.

Ok.

> My IGATE has replaced the Data repeater
> link to the outside world.
> Likewise each point on our National UHF FM system is considered to be a
> Node. Each area node is linked to the next by a UHF or SHF link.

Generally a "node" is a connection point.

> Hope this helps.

It does. Thanks.

We don't see them in VK as we (almost) all operate on one frequency.
I can't understand why ZL is not on one single frequency? It seems very
fragmented to me.

Regards,
Ron
vk3ecv

> Graham
>
> ZL1GTB
>
> Ron Perry wrote:
> > Hmm,
> > I notice a number of NODES in ZL. Can someone explain, what an APRS
NODE