[OZAPRS] APRS NODES?

G T & C A Beagley beagley at xtra.co.nz
Thu Jun 3 20:00:23 EST 2004

I have been running the ROT node (ZL1ROT-2) here in Rotorua for the last
year. It has 2 ports. Port 1 is the local simplex port on 144.575mhz.
Port 2 is the linking port to the Kaima Data Repeater up in the local
mountain range to the North West (Tx 144.8, Rx 145.4). It digipeats 1 -
1,2 and 2 - 1. This method connects us with the rest of the world. I
used the node symbol as I believe this setup to be a Node.
Last week I disconnected Port 2 and it became a Digipeater (symbol
changed to Digi) on 144.575. My IGATE has replaced the Data repeater
link to the outside world.
Likewise each point on our National UHF FM system is considered to be a
Node. Each area node is linked to the next by a UHF or SHF link.
Hope this helps.

Graham

ZL1GTB

Ron Perry wrote:
> Hmm,
> I notice a number of NODES in ZL. Can someone explain, what an APRS NODE
> is?
>
> Regards,
> Ron

G T & C A Beagley