[OZAPRS] Only one VK APRS gateway operational at present.

Richard Hoskin vk3jfk at amsat.org
Tue Jul 6 13:24:22 EST 2004

Hi,

Ron's idea of an HF Gate in Alice Springs is great.

Doe anyone know of an amateur in that area of the world that would be
willing to help?

He would need to have 24/7 internet access and good HF packet skills. It
may
be possible for some of the HF radio equipment to be supplied to the
station
on loan, specifically for the APRS Gate.

Cheers
Richard
VK3JFK

HF
> at
> > present it would appear that VK4DMI-4 currently is the only
operational
> HF
> > Gateway.
> >
> > VK3MY-4 will be heard digipeating and beaconing but for the past month
> has
> > not been gating at all, Richard is trying to resolve this problem
> >
> > VK3WRM-4 Gateway has temporally been off HF APRS taking part in the
> > International Balloon trials near his home town but I do see him back
> there
> > just at the very moment  as I am entering this email, great to see him
> back
> > that is for sure and to stay I hope?
>
> Yes back again, but for how long?  :-)
>

> > Be great if we can get a couple of other HF operational say one in
VK5,