[OZAPRS] Only one VK APRS gateway operational at present.

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Tue Jul 6 07:27:54 EST 2004

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 17:31, Brian Beamish wrote:
> HI
>
> Just in case you are wondering why you are perhaps not being gated on HF
at
> present it would appear that VK4DMI-4 currently is the only operational
HF
> Gateway.
>
> VK3MY-4 will be heard digipeating and beaconing but for the past month
has
> not been gating at all, Richard is trying to resolve this problem
>
> VK3WRM-4 Gateway has temporally been off HF APRS taking part in the
> International Balloon trials near his home town but I do see him back
there
> just at the very moment  as I am entering this email, great to see him
back
> that is for sure and to stay I hope?

Yes back again, but for how long?  :-)

> Be great if we can get a couple of other HF operational say one in VK5,
VK6,
> and northern VK4 or VK8.

Actually, I've been given some thought to where would be the ideal place
for a HF Igate. I believe it would be Alice Springs. The results of the
tracking of Andrew VK5EX through the centre would seem to support this.
A HF station in AS would be able to cover all of the coastal areas of
Australia most days.

Regards,
Ron
vk3ecv/vk3wrm