[OZAPRS] Only one VK APRS gateway operational at present.

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Mon Jul 5 20:58:18 EST 2004

Thanks Brian for the comments.. Ive been tempted to make a comment in the
last couple of weeks.. Ive been driving about all day and beaconing every
7 mins or so... Some days I have to wait till gone 12 midday to get a
posit into the Internet system.. I have been putting it down to lousy
conditions..

I have been periodically running a gate here at times but thought it was
covered by and large by 3MY 4DMI 3ECV etc .. It looks like its had a few
holes in it after all.. Its interesting because in my car I typically have
10 stations on the map on 30m during the day..

I was driving about this morning and copied a frame off Andrew 5EX up
there in far NW VK6 in my mobile setup.. After picking myself up off the
floor I did a snapshot of it .. Ive since found he never made it to any of
the internet feeds.. He hasnt been seen on findu now for over a week
actually..

Tomorrow I will run a gate again here for a while if it helps.. Ive been
experimenting with AGWUIDIGI and also with Digi_Ned for Larry VK4CLM who
will be starting a HF system up there in Tieri .. As far as a perminent
VK5 GATE goes.. I suspect Andrew has some ideas in that area when he
returns from his jaunt..

73

2004-July-05 11:16 3 stations
Callsign    Type       Latitude   Longitude      Km   Bearing  Last Heard
 VK3MY-4    (G) Diam'd 37.51.54S  145.18.28E   685.2    121   Jul 05 10:56
-VK5AH-15   Rec Veh'le 34.54.32S  138.35.44E     0.0     90   Jul 05 11:14
 VK5EX-11   Rec Veh'le 17.17.56S  123.36.51E  2451.0    319   Jul 05 10:55