[OZAPRS] Is it life and death.

kevcav kevcav at bigpond.com
Sat Apr 3 12:39:03 EST 2004

Firstly I am a lurker in a area where I am not permitted to pursue my on
the  air daily fix, but I have managed to follow the HF APRS local OZ
scene with interest from afar.

What is the point of all the rig checking and frequency spotting. The
purpose really is can we and have we been able to communicate, The short
answer to that is a resounding YES. What frequency are we on exactly who
cares as long as we are within the allocated frequency spectrum and we
have an established link.

One of the likely outcomes of the recent activities is there will those
who, will following the indepth but misplaced testing consider  that "I
am now on frequency and you all should net to me" Wrong fellas. There is
now going to be period of frequency hopping all around the band with the
result that no one communicates.

It appears that my friends VK3MY and VK4DMI are the net control and have
been all the long and regardless of the scientic or otherwise arguments
from across the Tasman I repeat my earlier assertion that the frequency
in use is where the pile up is not some figure on the dial.

So to those Kiwi friends I say use the index finger and shift the dial
knob and carefully tune to the VK frequency where the action is.

This disscussion has hardened my belief that APRS is a local activity
that has little or no tactical international or Igate use. Just my 3
cents worth.

73,s