[OZAPRS] VK email server

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 1 10:34:46 EST 2004

I have not been following this, but I would suggest an "Email"
message ending with the ">" characgter would tell the Email
engine to WAIT for additional lines.  When it finally receives
a message without a ">" at the end, then it can process all
lines received so far as one Email message...

Bob

>>> Darryl at radio-active.net.au 3/31/04 3:42:59 PM >>>
The simple way is not to have a continuation character, but an
indicator of
how many lines are to be included in the message.

But that would only make sense if the client software on the RF side
where
you would be sending email from
	a) handled the generation of the message
	b) Sent all the messages with consecutive sequence numbers.

The other option which does not violate the spec at all is to create a
message type in the 'U' area. I have done this for some software that I
am
writing to deal with GPRS mobile data terminals.

Whilst we are on this subject, one of the things that I have toyed with
is
creating an IRC Server, which is connected to the iGATE system. People
can
use their IRC software to communicate with people on RF... and the
abstraction does work

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS   POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 International]
www.radio-active.net.au - www.radio-active.net.au\web\tracking