[OZAPRS] National APRS digi QRG's????

Gavin Rogers grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Fri May 9 21:49:43 EST 2003

>OK how about VK6!!!C'mon lads watts happening over your way????I get off
the
>Indian Pacific train at Perth with my Subaru and want to get onto the
>APRS map whilst visiting my mate James VK6FJA..What frequency do I dial
>up???????

Hi.

Well, I don't know about the rest of OZ but here in Perth most of the
action is on 145.175. VK6BBS will also accept APRS packets on 144.725 if
you direct them to VK6BBS-10 on that freq (I think that's the right SSID)

On 145.175 you'll find:

RELAY:  VK6HGR-1, VK6KKD
WIDE: VK6ZTN-1, VK6RLK-1, VK6KSB-1

(Since I run a BBS there are other weird and wonderful paths one can also
use... on 144.9 digi via VK6ANC-13, VK6HGR-1, WIDE, WIDE will probably
work! For the sake of preventing boredom in other list members I won't try

and think up the longest valid APRS path :-) )

VK6ZTN is a superb wide digi that seems to cover a good majority of Perth.

RELAY, WIDE, WIDE is probably a good path to use and if any of VK6KCH,
VK6HGR or VK6KKD hear you (almost a certainty) you'll automagically appear

on the APRS Internet system.

Since the question was brought up... how *is* the APRS network set up in
other states? :-)

Righto... time to play with my new Trimbal CM-3 GPS module...

Cheers,
Gavin Rogers

--
Amateur radio station VK6HGR
http://vk6hgr.ampr.org/

Email : grogers at vk6hgr.echidna.id.au
Packet: vk6hgr at vk6hgr.#per.#wa.aus.oc