[OZAPRS] National APRS digi QRG's????

Geoff Gatward geoff.gatward at optusnet.com.au
Sat May 10 09:25:08 EST 2003

144.900 in VK3 and Mt Gambier
145.175 in VK1, VK2, VK4 (Brisbane/GC), VK5 (Except Mt Gambier), VK6
147.575 in VK7

I think 147.575 in VK8

There are other pockets of APRS activity up the VK4 coast I found during
my trip to Townsville, but they are all on local packet frequencies.

Something about WIA in VK3 being big bully and forcing APRS digipeaters
to be licensed and too much hassle to change freq to the 'national APRS
freq'

It's painful!!

Anyway,  Traveling down the Hume Hwy on 145.175, The VK1 I-gate and
VK1RBM have good coverage of bits of the hwy (around Yass service
centers). The Wagga Igate and VK2CSU-1 picks up around the Wagga turnoff
and covers to about Holbrook, where 144.900 from VK3KAW-1 in Albury
starts coming good.

>From there 144.900 should be pretty solid.

Back into VK5, somewhere between Mt Gambier and Adelaide change back to
145.175.

Geoff
VK2XJG