[OZAPRS] DX spot object/item for VK3/VK2 stations

Tony Hunt wavetel at iname.com
Sun Mar 30 23:05:14 EST 2003

 Ive been messing about with a Object beacon on VK5RMB .. It puts out
a DX spot object/item every 12 mins called BEEVOR-DX .. Theres no PATH on
it
( Via nothing ) ..

Interestingly it doesnt appear on Findu because our Igate doesnt hear it
direct.
I originally started messing with this in order to use it as a DX
detector..
I hoped that if 2WAG (or 3ECV now sorta on line as well) heard it then it
would
probably reappear on our maps locally here in town.. I virtually never
hear
RMB direct anyway so if it showed up here then it would likely be because
it
was Igated in from afar off..

How does this sound ?? Will it work ?? The object is 4km south of 5RMBs
posit .. Time will tell perhaps.. Keep an eye out for it EAST of
Adelaide..
If it shows up as an object then likely you heard it direct or an Igate in
VK2/3 on 145.175 heard it..

We have recently had VK2WAG traffic up on heard lists here in Adelaide ..
Its all very possible and very interesting..

Tony Hunt VK5AH