[OZAPRS] aprs.net.au access problems....

rendrag1 rendrag1 at telstra.com
Sun Jan 19 03:07:19 EST 2003

Richard Hoskin Writes
>It appears as if the aprs.net.au network has lost is DNS servers.
>This is ls probably due to the bad bush fires in Canberra.

Yepply.. We lost mains power at 2pm.  Due to being without power most
of friday also, the UPS was already pretty much gone (takes a good
three weeks to get back to full charge), so power in the building
dropped at about 2:30pm..  Power came back up up at 5pm, but I think
actew were attempting to run the whole suburb off a smallish genny, as
I dropped the whole suburb back into darkness when I flicked the
breaker on the main switch rack back on..  Equipment from the facility
was evacuated at 8pm due to encroaching flames. - hoping to be able to
take equipment back tomorrow, and then go searching for a 15kVA genset
for hire for the week while they replace the woden power station..

So yep, aprs.net.au dns (plus igate, plus everything else hosted at
the ISA colo centre) will be offline until at least tomorrow
afternoon..

Hmm, time to up the battery bank on the PABX.. Who would have thought
that 8 hours backup wasn't enough??? D'oh!

BTW, is the VK1 hamfest still on tomorrow (today!) ?? anyone know??

Cheers,

Damien
(who has about $800k worth of hardware in his lounge room for the
day! :( )