[OZAPRS] Do you realise?

Ron Perry ronk at sunlinux.com.au
Tue Dec 16 11:52:34 EST 2003

Hi Brian and the group,

Brian Beamish wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was wondering if those advocating for 7.039Mhz for the 40m APRS
> frequency are aware that there is already an existing BBS Network
> running with several 40M BBSs on that frequency?

How many? I use to operate a 40m BBS a few years ago.

> We have copied occasionally the ZL APRS station on 7.040Mhz but he also
> is wiped out when the BBS are forwarding this understandably happens
> quite often.
>
> I feel it would not be appreciated by those using the already existing
> 40M BBSs if we jumped on there with HF APRS, also quite useless for us
> to actually operate there as with the BBSs operating on the same
> frequency most beacons will not get through.

I can appreciate the problem.

> Again we suggest that we all consider 7.036Mhz as a viable alternative.

Does anyone know if there is an International 40metre APRS Frequency?

Regards,
Ron
vk3ecv

PS NW Vic HF gateway update. Powered up my KAM+, and to my dismay, even
a hard reset as per the manual will not put it back into a useable mode.
But I am getting strength 7 signals on the 1/4 wave vertical.