[OZAPRS] Do you realise?

Brian Beamish bbeamish at bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 16 11:45:17 EST 2003

Hi

I was wondering if those advocating for 7.039Mhz for the 40m APRS
frequency are aware that there is already an existing BBS Network running
with several 40M BBSs on that frequency?

We have copied occasionally the ZL APRS station on 7.040Mhz but he also is
wiped out when the BBS are forwarding this understandably happens quite
often.

I feel it would not be appreciated by those using the already existing 40M
BBSs if we jumped on there with HF APRS, also quite useless for us to
actually operate there as with the BBSs operating on the same frequency
most beacons will not get through.

Again we suggest that we all consider 7.036Mhz as a viable alternative.

B C N U
Brian VK4BBS