[OZAPRS] 30m APRS situation

Phil Shields shields_phil at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 29 10:44:08 AEST 2021

 hi, here is a list of gateways. HF Gateways | APRS.NET.AU

|  |
HF Gateways | APRS.NET.AU

    On Tuesday, 29 June 2021, 09:21:02 am AEST, Bob Cameron <bob3bob3 at skymesh.com.au> wrote:

 Hi everyone

First post, information sponging!

- Am a permanent road dweller wandering around VK. More bouncing off the
borders at the moment of course. Most of my time is out in the
sticks/remote so Internet and 2m nodes aren't a lot of help. I only use
amateur radio for HF.

- I time share the Icom 9100 on 30m voice and APRS whilst also logging
145.825 sats. (RX only) It QSY's magically every 10 minutes, sends two
FX25 packets, waits a few more seconds then takes me back where I was.

- Using an SSID of 12

Questions

- Are there any 30m RF transmitting IGates in VK? It would be nice to
use short messaging.

- Assuming there are, what is the retry/timeout period from the IS and
could an ack be sent by another path sometime later?

- I assume messaging has been blocked on the satellite systems?

Many thanks

Cheers Bob VK2YQA