[OZAPRS] Struggling with receiving data from WXSVR-AU

Allen arharvie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 20:37:36 AEST 2021

Hi All,

Exploring APRS and enjoying the journey. Bigger picture is to APA
packets for Ham Radio of Things (HRoT) but want to get head around the
basics first. Having success with APRSIS32 and Direwolf for VHF and
XAISTIR and Direwolf on HF.

Struggling with receiving data from WXSVR-AU.

I'm receiving the response 'Error, unable to get a forecast for location
-37.65417/143.88250' (http://www.aprs.net/cgi-bin/msg.cgi?call=WXSVR-AU)

Receive same response if sent from software or from the DL710. Not even
trying with the Yaesu....

Happy to debug and to verify my config (noting post 'Not receiving
reports from WXSVR-AU' - 21/11/20 and
http://mckserver-aw.mmckernan.id.au/wxsvr-au/) so looking for some
pointers.

Where and what am I looking for here ? Is WXSVR-AU functioning as expected ?

Home VHF station is VK3ARH-2 and happy to response to messages over APRS

Allen

VK3ARH