[OZAPRS] Help

Bob Cameron bob3bob3 at skymesh.com.au
Tue Jul 27 20:54:18 AEST 2021

Hi Keith

I assume your digi modes uses the USB sound device in the FT991A? I
think the easiest path then is to do it all in software and use your
current hardware setup.

I use a Debian Linux laptop and direwolf to beacon on 30m as I drive
around (on road permanently) It talks to the (Icom - USB audio) radio
and listens to the GPS. I believe direwolf will also run on Windows and
Mac.

There is no GUI for direwolf, just edit a config file and start. It will
TX the right data.

Reading APRS data tends to be more an over Internet thing. There are
various packages that can do that plus look at the RF port too. I
actually use Xastir and of course the aprs.fi website. (I am VK2YQA-12)

Cheers Bob VK2YQA