[OZAPRS] 30m APRS situation

Bob Cameron bob3bob3 at skymesh.com.au
Fri Jul 2 14:09:13 AEST 2021

Thanks everyone for your remarks.

It appears then that there are 8x 30m IGates in VK, of which only 2
transmit.

Whether these iGates will send messages IS-RF depends on their software
defaults and/or settings.

I can quite happily send a message by RF. I realised that since the
client (Xastir) was also listening on the Internet port an ack might
have came in that way. Shall try without.

If successful I'll probably end up writing a quick and dirty script that
uses kissutil with direwolf. ie create KISS packets directly. This will
also handle the need to QSY the rig.

Cheers Bob VK2YQA